Persons interested in becoming scientific divers for East Carolina University must meet the following criteria:
- Be an ECU student, faculty/staff member or a visiting scientist from another organization working under ECU auspices.
- Hold, at a minimum, Basic SCUBA Certification from a National or International SCUBA Certifying Agency.
- Complete the ECU Scientific Diver Training Course or hold current AAUS Scientific Diver Certification.
To receive training you must:
- Be enrolled in Scientific Diving Course
- Sign the ECU Release and Waiver (PDF)
- Provice copies of your Scuba Certification(s)
- Schedule and complete the Medical Examination
- Provide proof of supplemental dive Insurance.
- Provide proof of required maintenance to your SCUBA Equipment
Divers coming from another AAUS diving program may request reciprocity and should discuss qualification options with the Diving & Water Safety Office.
If you have diving related questions, contact:
- Mark Keusenkothen, Director of Diving and Water Safety (252) 328-4041 (Office), (252) 327-4439 (Cell), firstname.lastname@example.org